Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Movies and Science Fiction

A few random thoughts on movies:

I do not think that there are enough movies ripping off of philosophers.  Also, I guess I am somewhat disappointed that the only semi-popular cyberpunk movie was Blade Runner and The Matrix (inb4 Ghost in the Shell groupies kill me)?  Oh well.  Basically, more stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGywvyUjlqk only with good actors.

Also, what is up with all the "AI will be the cause of the singularity" movies?  I think something like Akira is much more likely.  After all, AI is both a hardware _and_ software problem.  Human augmentation is only a hardware problem.

Although, I guess that's simplifying the picture.

Tl;dr:  I want more quality sci-fi, give it to me for free whilst I sit on my arse and do nothing about the problem, plskthxbaimybffjill.

2 comments:

  1. The director of Blade Runner is having his newest movie film, Prometheus, release this Friday. It looks to be quite excellent. Of course, I'm a little bias since I'm an Aliens fanboy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shows how much I'm in the loop :U

    ReplyDelete