Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Idea Capture Upkeep

I have a "Hipster PDA", it is a wonderful idea and suits me fairly well.  I am horrible at organizing and upkeeping it though, and in what follows, I'm going to complain about a fairly simplistic phenomenon in a part to beg for some simple solutions, as I hope some of the previous posts gives some indications to how my mind ticks; and hopefully they make sense.

I tend to have the following system:

-One card dedicated to logs.
-One card dedicated to random thoughts.
-One card generated to ideas for conversations I want to propose to various people/e-mails I want to send/things I would like to do on the internet in bulk.
-One card for schedule appointments

I think I have two basic problems:

-Optimal transferring
-Access

Optimal transferring refers to the fact that I, annoying, have to double up on how I update the device.  I.e., I tend to like to keep a running log total on my computer.  This requires me having to go through the Hipster PDA and manually input the data.  This isn't long, but it's sometimes annoying.

And it somewhat adds up.

Because I have to do the same for the e-mail ideas, the random thoughts, the appointments, etc..  Eventually, I sit until one of my cards is full, and then the thing turns into a device that seems more appropriate for Columbo (or, at least, looks like a version of George Costanza's wallet) than a nifty organizational device.

I'm not exactly sure how to solve this problem either.....

No comments:

Post a Comment