Saturday, June 16, 2012

Applying

There are a lot of ideas I have that I'd like to do.

If I could just remember to apply them.

For example, I want a commonplace book.  The modern equivalent of this is a personal wiki.  Which I have, but I do not update as much as I want to or plan.  Mainly because I realize after the fact how something could have been incorporated into that framework, instead of how I originally did it.  I suppose, keeping with the example of the personal wiki, sometimes the idea I have is a good idea to apply, but in practice hard to apply.  The biggest case I have with this is any idea I have combined with the effort of traveling (which I mentioned previously).

I suppose the biggest example almost anyone I've talked to has, is that they have plenty of good ideas about how to stay healthy--that work buggerall if you're traveling (again, I mentioned this last time).  Likewise, I'd like to update my personal wiki all the time, but the amount of times in the day I honestly have access to it is stifling.

....

Perhaps my problem is not that I forgot to apply, but that the means to apply are more scarce than I realize?

This is a somewhat lengthy way of saying, "Updating things like my personal wiki seem to be incredibly useful, and they aren't hard work and are somewhat enjoyable, so why are these things never done and what can be done about it?"  Keeping in mind, the previous framework that I've developed over the last series of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment