Friday, July 6, 2012

Applications of Graph Theory

Random thought:

All organizational problems are graph ordering problems.

Example:

I was thinking about how to organize a personal wiki of mine into a little commonplace book of sorts.  The problem is organizational.  How do I take my wiki which has a graph that looks more-or-less like a tree, and organize it linearly?  Well, if I can assign a number to each page, the problem is solved.  In other words, applying a graph ordering to the graph structure of my personal wiki allows me to organize it as a book.

Likewise, time management issues?  The solution is to choose an appropriate ordering of the weighted graph of your preferences.

I think an argument could be made that all organizational problems are graph theory problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment